Fremont, Calif., June 25, 2019 – Excelfore, a pioneer of automotive data management, announces the eDatX platform for big data driven AI (Artificial Intelligence) learning in fields of error detection, predictive analytics, and advanced algorithm development. The eDatX platform seamlessly integrate with eSync Compliant automotive OTA and data gathering pipelines. When combined they create a secure service-oriented architecture to unlock data from any number of sensors and controllers in the connected car. Making the data accessible can drive improved vehicle health and accelerate feature development.
The new eDatX platform enables cloud-based remote evaluation of data gathered across geographically distributed development teams. Shrinath Acharya, CEO at Excelfore, said, “Handling data effectively can lead to multimillion-dollar savings in accelerated development of many advanced automotive technologies such as electric vehicle powertrain optimization, and can serve as an essential foundation for HPC (High Performance Computing) for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and autonomous driving. The eDatX platform provides the data aggregation capabilities needed to deliver successful, cost-effective projects.”
The platform includes eDatX in the cloud with:
- Flow control to manage data input from thousands of vehicles
- Real-time stream processing
- Data lake storage with statistical aggregation
- APIs for reporting and visualization of data
- APIs for access and integration with AI Machine Learning engines
It also includes an in-vehicle eDatX service for:
- Integration with the OTA data pipeline for authentication, provisioning and registration
- Rules-based data management based on flow control policies
- Centralized and distributed rolling buffers for data from multiple sensors and ECUs
- In-vehicle data stores for multiple sensors and ECUs
- Data granularity management during ingestion and post-storage
- Policy-based data granularity management to adapt to sporadic or lost network connections
The eDatX platform is cloud agnostic and can be work with any major commercial cloud service.
The new platform can aggregate data gathered from a wide range of sensors, which for vehicles could include streaming cameras, lidar and radar, telematics speed and geo-locational data, and external and internal temperatures, g-force/acceleration, rotational torque, rotor position, AC current, DC voltage, fuel-air oxygen levels, hydraulic pressure, and bus/network traffic and protocol errors as well. The eDatX platform may also be applied in industrial and smart building applications, where typical sensors could include photo / light detectors, occupancy sensors, air quality and internal temperature sensors.
Excelfore, located in Silicon Valley, is unlocking automotive data through innovative platforms for connected cars, electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles. Excelfore products include protocol stacks for in-vehicle networking, as well as a full implementation of the eSync™ bi-directional pipeline for OTA updates and data gathering. Excelfore is one of five founding companies in the eSync Alliance, an open trade association dedicated to standardizing the data pipeline from the cloud to electronic devices in the automotive industry. www.excelfore.com
Excelfore is a registered trademark, and eDatX is a trademark, of Excelfore Corporation.
eSync is a trademark of the eSync Alliance.